The Village of Rye Brook will begin road resurfacing operations beginning Tuesday July 18th 2017 and lasting for approximately (3) three weeks (Weather changes will affect the schedule). During this time, road surfaces will be milled, drain inlets adjusted, road prepared for a new surface and striping as required.
Road work will happen on the following roads (no particular order):
- Hawthorne Ave – From North Ridge to Westchester Ave (installing 2 speed humps on road)
- Long Ledge Drive – From North Ridge Street 550 feet in Past Hidden Pond Drive
- Winthrop Drive – From Berkley Drive to Old Orchard Road
- Castle View Court – From Comly Ave to Cul-de-Sac
- Bolton Place – From Comly Ave to 175 feet inward to town line( ½ road mill and pave)
- Castle Landing – From Comly Ave 260 feet inward to town line full width mill and pave
During this time, residents can expect limited road closures, congestion and heavy equipment. Motorists are advised to be aware of elevated sewer drains and storm drains and use caution when driving over such roads, reduced speeds are strongly advised as these elevated structure may damage tires.
During the installation of new pavement, roads may be open to traffic on one lane only or closed completely for a short duration. Motorists SHALL NOT drive on newly paved surfaces unless signaled (doing such does affect longevity of the blacktop and creates future potholes). Once paving operations are completed crews will begin to install curbing. Curbing installation will take a couple of weeks as there are a significant amount of curbs to reinstall, topsoil and seed backfill to follow behind. We ask for patience with the installation of curbing, this phase is very time consuming, there is a tremendous amount to install and work is labor intensive. Speed humps will be installed after paving operations are completed shortly thereafter. Should there be any concerns or questions please feel free to call the Public Works Department at 914 939 0753.
Michal J. Nowak
Superintendent of Public Works