AJP Community Center and Coronavirus Safety Precautions
In an effort to protect the health and safety of all users of the Anthony J. Posillipo Community Center with respect to COVID-19, the following Policies & Procedures have been established effective March 11, 2020 through April 30, 2020:
- Events & Classes: We are cancelling all events where a 6 foot separation cannot be maintained or which may bring crowds resulting in more than 4 people to a table in the main room. All exercise programs are cancelled during this time (due to perspiration, equipment sharing, mat sharing, instructors rotate among other senior centers, etc.). The Tuesday Paint Classes will take place as scheduled, however, the March Paint Night event will be rescheduled to a future date. Signage has been posted and must be adhered to with respect to a 4 person per table maximum at all times.
- Daily Lunch Program: Lunch will still be served Monday through Friday at 12 Noon and seniors must adhere to the 4 person per table rule.
- Lectures/Classes: Maintain lectures and other health or passive talks where 6 foot distance for anyone standing and 4 people to a table can be maintained.
- Trips: All off site trips have been cancelled through April 30th. NOTE: The Village will refund the cost of ticket if a participant decides to cancel.
- Lagge parties: Cancel any parties where 6 foot standing separation cannot be maintained or which may bring crowds resulting in more than 4 people to a table in the main room. (i.e. Bingo, St. Patrick’s Day, Seder and Easter Events)
- Rentals: All rentals will be cancelled through April 30th and Rentals on or after May 1st will be alerted that there is a possibility that their event may be cancelled so they may wish to make alternate plans. We will not be accepting any new rentals at this time.
- Attendance (check-in) must be reinforced each day at center.
- If you are sick, please stay home. Always thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water and cover your cough or sneeze.
- Center may close if members do not maintain 4 person table limit with separation.
- The above policies and procedures will be revised and updated as necessary and as more information becomes available.
Other actions taken by the Village:
- Daily cleaning of doorknobs and counter-tops in addition to regular cleaning regimen at Village offices
- Information on COVID-19 prevention posted in Village offices, the Village website, and social media accounts
- Education about the Coronavirus and prevention for Rye Brook staff
- Frequent cleaning of equipment at playgrounds in Village Parks
- Cancellation of Recreation programs involving large gatherings
The Westchester County Department of Health has put out information about the Coronavirus disease, prevention, and additional public health resources on their website.
The New York State Department of Health has information on their website about the disease as well as a COVID-19 Hotline -(888)364-3065 .
If you’re planning to travel and have questions about the Coronavirus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s website has information here.
• NYS Health Dept: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
• Westchester County Department of Health: https://health.westchestergov.com/2019-novel-coronavirus
• Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html