Originally posted June 12, 2020
Good afternoon Rye Brook Residents. I would like to take a moment to give you an update on the Coronavirus Pandemic and our plans for reopening our athletic facilities and playgrounds here in the Village of Rye Brook.
As of today, there are 177 cumulative Coronavirus cases in the Village. Of that number, 172 people had tested positive more than 3 weeks ago. We are hopeful that those 172 people are completely recovered and feeling better, and the 5 people who have tested positive within the past 3 weeks are well on their way to a full recovery.
Since our Village’s infection rate has remained stable over the past several weeks, I am pleased to announce that we will be re-opening our athletic facilities as follows:
- Playgrounds in Village parks will be open by end of day this Monday (June 15)
- Baseball fields will be open by end of day this Monday (June 15)
- The King Street soccer/football field will be open by end of day this Monday (June 15)
- Basketball court reopening will begin on June 23, although it may take a few days to put the basketball rims back up on all Village courts
- Although tennis courts are already open for singles and doubles play, online reservations are still required (no walk-ons)
Please note that although we are reopening our facilities, no formal group or organized play is allowed for the time being until NY State provides more guidance.
Effective immediately, ice cream and food trucks may also now operate (with a permit) in Rye Brook.
Finally, I am also pleased to announce that all Village offices will be open to the public on Monday, June 29th (except the senior center). Please note that masks will be required for entry to the buildings and scheduling advance appointments with staff are strongly encouraged.
I am hopeful that we will not see a spike in Rye Brook Coronavirus cases, which would potentially necessitate closing some of these facilities again.
I hope you all have a great weekend! Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .