- 06.01.2023 Revised EMS Legislation
- EMS In Crisis Handout 05.31.2023
- NYSCMA EMS In Crisis 05.31.2023
- 2023 EMS in Crisis WMOA Mtg PowerPoint Slides (02/09/2023)
- 2023 EMS Legislation Summary
- 2023 EMS Legislation S4040 A3392
- 2023 Draft Resolution In Support Of Bill S4020 A3392
- 2023 NYS Governor Executive Budget item on EMS
- 2022 NYCOM EMS PowerPoint “EMS in Crisis"
- State Legislation: defining EMS as essential, allowing access to benefits; developing state/regional plans (S8432A/A9509) (2022).
- 2022 State Legislation: creating a dedicated funding source for EMS (S08189B/A09164A) (2022)
- Cornell Institute for Public Affairs draft report on Tompkins County EMS
- Westchester County EMS in Crisis Report (Feb 2022)
- RB Administrator Paper: “The Current EMS Crisis and Need for Conversation & Change” (Aug 2021)
- Municipal Administrators Association’s “Model Work Plan” Table (Dec 2021)
- NAEMT Position Statement: Recognition of EMS as an Essential Service (Rev. Mar 2021)
- USDOT/National Highway Traffic Safety Admin article “An Analysis of Prehospital Emergency Medical Services as an Essential Service and as a Public Good in Economic Theory”. (May 2014)
- EMS 1
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT)
- NAEMT: Innovative Recruitment Strategies for EMS Agencies
EMS Organizational Model Study
The Port Chester-Rye-Rye Brook Emergency Medical Services (PCRRBEMS), the Villages of Port Chester and Rye Brook, and the City of Rye jointly selected a consultant to complete an EMS Organizational Model Study. The Study was completed in June 2022 by the Public Consulting Group.
Link to Final Study:
Also, below please find links to the Request for Proposals (RFP)/Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for this Study, as well as links to important background documents related to EMS services provided by the PCRRBEMS:
2021 Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for EMS Organizational Model Study:
- Public Consulting Group: Agreement and RFP Proposal – Organizational Model Study of PCRRB EMS (11/2021 to 5/2022)
- 2021 RFP/RFQ for EMS Organizational Model Study
2021 RFP Background Documents:
- Inter-Municipal Agreement between the PCRRBEMS and the Municipalities, which includes standards for priority calls and response times.
- PCRRBEMS 2021 Quarterly Report to EMSC: Response time summaries, operating budget and financial reports, etc.
- 2021 PCRRBEMS Operating Budget and 2021 Municipal Cost Breakdown
- PCRRBEMS 2021 Employee Pay Plan.
- PCRRBEMS Description of current staffing, equipment and service levels.
- PCRRBEMS 2020 annual call information (by type).
- PCRRBEMS By-Laws
- 1993 Fitch & Associates Report