2022.05.05 NYCOM Presentation: Supporting Materials:
- NYCOM EMS PowerPoint “EMS in Crisis"
- State Legislation: defining EMS as essential, allowing access to benefits; developing state/regional plans (S8432A/A9509) (2022).
- Draft Municipal Resolution in support of state legislation (S8432A/A9509). (2022)
- State Legislation: creating a dedicated funding source for EMS (S08189B/A09164A) (2022)
- Cornell Institute for Public Affairs draft report on Tompkins County EMS
- Westchester County EMS in Crisis Report (Feb 2022)
- RB Administrator Paper: “The Current EMS Crisis and Need for Conversation & Change” (Aug 2021)
- Municipal Administrators Association’s “Model Work Plan” Table (Dec 2021)
- NAEMT Position Statement: Recognition of EMS as an Essential Service (Rev. Mar 2021)
- USDOT/National Highway Traffic Safety Admin article “An Analysis of Prehospital Emergency Medical Services as an Essential Service and as a Public Good in Economic Theory”. (May 2014)
- EMS 1
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT)
- NAEMT: Innovative Recruitment Strategies for EMS Agencies
The Port Chester-Rye-Rye Brook Emergency Medical Services (PCRRBEMS), the Villages of Port Chester and Rye Brook, and the City of Rye are jointly seeking a consultant to complete an EMS Organizational Model Study.
Below please find links to the Request for Proposals (RFP)/Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for this Study, as well as links to important background documents related to EMS services provided by the PCRRBEMS:
2021 Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for EMS Organizational Model Study:
- Public Consulting Group: Agreement and RFP Proposal – Organizational Model Study of PCRRB EMS (11/2021 to 5/2022)
- 2021 RFP/RFQ for EMS Organizational Model Study
2021 RFP Background Documents:
- Inter-Municipal Agreement between the PCRRBEMS and the Municipalities, which includes standards for priority calls and response times.
- PCRRBEMS 2021 Quarterly Report to EMSC: Response time summaries, operating budget and financial reports, etc.
- 2021 PCRRBEMS Operating Budget and 2021 Municipal Cost Breakdown
- PCRRBEMS 2021 Employee Pay Plan.
- PCRRBEMS Description of current staffing, equipment and service levels.
- PCRRBEMS 2020 annual call information (by type).
- PCRRBEMS By-Laws
- 1993 Fitch & Associates Report