Dear Rye Brook Residents:
We have just been informed that the Westchester County Health Department is maintaining a “standby” list for COVID vaccinations. This list is utilized if there are extra COVID vaccinations available at the end of each day when everyone with a reservation has been vaccinated. If you are in groups 1a or 1b (as designated by NY State), and can be at the Westchester County Center in an hour or less after being notified, click here to register to be put on the Westchester County Health Department COVID Vaccine Alert System. Please note that this is not a reservation – it is only to be placed on a stand-by contact list and it is ONLY for people who currently qualify for the vaccine. You should keep trying to get a reservation.
I am pleased to report that over the past week, Rye Brook’s number of active cases has dropped since the high point during the holiday season. There are currently 57 positive cases in Rye Brook. Please click here to view the Westchester County COVID Tracker which is updated daily. Please help to keep this number down by not having large gatherings for the Super Bowl, continuing to wear masks, and practicing social distancing.
Am I eligible to receive the vaccine?
New York State continues to have the final word on who is eligible for vaccinations. Please click here to view the list of people currently eligible. The state updates and expands this list periodically so please check back often.
Where can I get the vaccines?
The number of locations receiving vaccines for distribution to eligible people continues to expand, but vaccine supply remains a problem. Reservations are always required to get a vaccine.
I am someone eligible in Phase 1a or 1b but do not know where I can search to get an appointment. Where can I check to see if vaccines are available?
Suggested Vaccine Distribution Sites to Check for Availability (please remember you must be in Phase 1a or 1b, and appointments are always required):
- Click here for a list of New York State-operated vaccination locations and availability through April 16th. This list gets updated regularly so check back often.
- NYS periodically has arranged for additional “pop-up” locations to distribute vaccines. This week the Governor announced 35 NYS vaccination pop-up sites throughout the state in a news release and said that more sites will be added each week. The current list of sites as of February 3rd can be viewed here. In Westchester County sites are currently in Peekskill, Yonkers, and Mt. Vernon.
- Municipalities have been asked to provide potential “pop-up” locations to be considered by NYS in the future as more vaccines become available. Rye Brook is identifying the AJP Community Center as an available site for consideration (note: this is currently NOT an approved NYS pop-up site).
Please Watch Out for Vaccine Scams!
If you get a call, text, email, or even someone knocking at your door, claiming that they can get you early access to the COVID-19 vaccine, IT’S A SCAM! It is important to know that:
- The vaccine will be free.
- There are no sign-up lists for the vaccine.
- You cannot pay to get the vaccine earlier.
- Medicare or Social Security will not call you about the vaccine.
- You do not need to give your social security number, credit card or bank information to get the vaccine.
Contact the Westchester County Department of Consumer Protection if you are contacted by a vaccine scammer at (914) 995-2155 or by e-mail at ConPro@westchestergov.com.
Thanks so much and have a great weekend!!
Mayor, Village of Rye Brook
Additional Online Resources:
New York State:
Vaccinate NY: What You Need to Know
General COVID Information
Local Vaccination Centers not run by NY State (this list may not be 100% accurate)
State, County, and School Data & Case Tracking
COVID Information & Helpful Links
Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC):
COVID Information & Data Tracking