On September 22, 2020, the Village Board created a Police Reform Collaborative Committee comprised of Village Officials, members of staff, residents, and community leaders. This Committee was created in response to the NYS Police reform and Reinvention Collaborative published by Governor Cuomo in August 2020. The goal of this Committee is to meet regularly to discuss and create a Police Reform Collaborative Plan to be adopted by the Village Board in April 2021. The Committee will also hold public listening sessions to ensure community members have a chance to make any comments, questions, or concerns known.
The Police Reform Collaborative Committee has put together a survey to get community feedback about the Village of Rye Brook Police Department so that we can prepare a Police Reform Collaborative Plan. The survey ended on November 18, 2020 at noon. 684 survey responses were received:
Public Listening Sessions:
Our next Public Listening Session is coming up on Monday December 14th at 7PM.
Click here for the meeting agenda and zoom information.
Our first Public Listening Session was held on Monday November 23rd at 7PM.
Click here for the meeting agenda.
Click here to watch the recording of the meeting.
1st Meeting: Organizational Meeting – October 14, 2020 at 5PM
- Police Reform Collaborative Committee – Organizational Presentation
- Rye Brook Police Department Overview Presentation
2nd Meeting: Organizational Meeting #2 – October 26, 2020 at 5PM
3rd Meeting: Public Listening Session #1 – November 23, 2020 at 7PM
4th Meeting: Public Listening Session #2 – December 14, 2020 at 7PM
Resources on Police Reform:
- NYS Police Reform and Reinvention Collaborative (August 2020)
- Final Report of The President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing (May 2015)
- 2020 NYCOM Police Reform Survey Results
Helpful Materials Concerning Rye Brook Police Procedures:
Rye Brook Policies & Procedure/NYS Accreditation Standards:
- 2017 Rye Brook Police Department Annual Report.pdf
- 2018 Rye Brook Police Department Annual Report.pdf
- 2019 Rye Brook Police Department Annual Report.pdf
Police Personnel Information: