Debris Clearing Policy:
- Rye Brook Public works crews will help clear branches and small limbs from the curb.
- Starting Monday, August 10th they will start and make one pass through the Village.
- The list of streets they have completed, and the dates they completed them, will be listed on the Village web site (ryebrook.org)
- This service is meant for branches and small limbs, and must be no larger than 4 inches in diameter.
- If residents are able to cut the branches and small limbs so that they are shorter than 8 feet (i.e. the length of our truck beds) it would be greatly appreciated and would make collection much more efficient.
- Please place the branches and small limbs on the grass near the curb. Please do not place them in the street.
- NO STUMPS, LOGS OR LARGE LIMBS will be collected. This service is intended for the type of loose branches and small limbs that fell on the property and do not require a tree contractor for removal. If a larger limb or tree is being removed by a contractor, please have your contractor remove the material off your property and do not place it at the curb as it will not be collected by the Village.
- Please do not mix normal green waste (esp. grass) in these piles as they are collected by a separate contractor on green waste days.
- Starting Thursday, August 6th, the AJP Community Center located at 32 Garibaldi Place will be open from 1:00pm to 4:00pm daily as a charging and cooling center.
- Residents can go to the center to cool off and to charge their phones/laptops/computers.
- Please note that Wi-Fi is currently not working at the center.
- Due to concerns with COVID, the following restrictions will be in place:
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times in the center or they will be asked to leave.
- All visitors must complete a form about COVID interactions, symptoms, and provide contact information for tracking purposes.
- The number of people at each table will be limited.
- No visitors should stay more than 1 hour at the center as the facility is currently closed for senior activities due to COVID.